Stop Touching Things

"Miss! you can't touch the artwork..."
"He means you, too, G-ma"
"Bahhhh"

Sunday, September 13, 2009

2009 Summertime Enjoyment Implement


Living in the north midwest, one comes to realize several facts in life: Layering is a must, carrying around a extra pair of socks is a good idea, and the summers are short.

This particular summer seems extra short because we only had ONE day above 90°F.   Sure we had hot days here and there, but nothing lasting.  The tomatoes barely made it this year, and we are eeking out the last of peppers... a normally bountiful crop.

I'll tell you what though,  sure beats -20° on good day in January.  So, I'm not complaining.  Instead I'm maximizing my summertime effort! We only get 3 months of warm weather, people!

This year Howktown has chosen the Hammock as the preferred 2009 Summertime Enjoyment Implement! (I tried writing this post in the hammock, but it fell over, I hit my back, I whined a little bit, and then decided for the "safety of my laptop", I should sit inside.)

The great thing about a hammock is, people perceive you as enjoying your yard that you've sweated over all summer, instead of being lazy and avoiding making dinner for the family. Not that I've ever done that. Also, if it gets a little chilly, blanket and pillow will travel!  Plus, so far this hammock has survived at least 3 pig piles.

Howktown Approves:  The Hammock

No comments:

Post a Comment