Stop Touching Things

"Miss! you can't touch the artwork..."
"He means you, too, G-ma"
"Bahhhh"

Sunday, April 18, 2010

What's with this wind anyway?



Every year we attempt it. Be it Easter or Mother's Day, if it's not raining, we go out and try to fly a kite.

The Queen Mother of Howktown loves flying kites. She goes to kite flying festivals. To her it is... well I don't actually know precisely what it is to her, I'll have to ask her next year. I just know that she loves it.


I think this year, she thought she might be out of luck. We didn't have a big holiday get together, the grand kids weren't there, and it didn't look like there was going to be much wind (a shock for this area).

Never fear, mother! For though I may be a lazy child, I am not ungrateful! I will help you fly your kite!

Our attempts nearly failed to the point my mother would shake her head and start to walk back home!

"Nay!" I say " I will get this cloth in the air! Let me just adjust... er Re-tie, Yes! That should do it" I did that about four times.

But, by golly, we got it up.

Happy Spring, Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment