Stop Touching Things

"Miss! you can't touch the artwork..."
"He means you, too, G-ma"
"Bahhhh"

Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Case of The Missing Pants (Conference of Awesome Part 2)

Did I mention that I got up at 5am, donned my walk/running clothes and jumped into the car and sped down the road on my way to fantastic weekend with my sisters??? I think I may have remembered that part... how about the part where I forgot my suitcase with all my clothes? Oh, and I was on a schedule because I had to be at Sara's by 7:30am at the latest?

I had just enough time to to turn back grab my suitcase and head out again, and then as I was barreling down the road listening to Pomplamoose and Michael Jackson it occurred to me, that maybe, just maybe I had forgotten my pants. 

I wasn't sure.

I remember taking my jeans out of the suitcase because I noticed they were dirty, but I didn't remember putting a clean pair in.  Well, too late now... it would have to be a pants free weekend. After the 5K we were planning on lounging around the hotel... swimming, frequenting the hotel bar, and girl talking... who needs pants!

Until my dad called and said he was going to be in the area (on the same street actually) and had about an hour to kill... Did we want to get lunch?

Of course we did. So we rush back to the hotel, clean up, discover that I did indeed forget pants, that I can borrow a pair from Kylie, that we'll have to go shopping after lunch, and discover Kylie actually irons her t-shirts.  Naturally, we made her iron ours, too.

Things that we learned at lunch:

  • Ironed t-shirts are pretty nice to wear
  • Art Supply stores are neat
  • My dad loves The Container Store
  • It's easy to get a song stuck in Kylie's head
  • Sock Monkeys can save the day
  • Sara carries a pocketknife at all times... just like my dad
  • I throw the mash down on a banana... with my fist


The next question is... Will I ever Get Pants? Stay tuned to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment