Stop Touching Things

"Miss! you can't touch the artwork..."
"He means you, too, G-ma"
"Bahhhh"

Monday, June 1, 2009

I am not real artsy or anything

I am not especially artsy or anything, although I know artsy people and they seem pretty cool. So in the course of my day's work, when I was called upon to write yet another story about the "artist of the month" at our local art gallery, I was less than enthused. These people are never satisfied, and if you write one story, they expect you to write something every time they get an idea. Anyway, I was having a slow story week, so I accepted the droll little assignment.
The interview was actually interesting - they guy paints with oils, which is one of my favorite mediums to view at museums.
Anyway, he directed me to the website of his mentor, Jeffrey Larson. In a moment of slight boredom, I went over to see it.
WOW! that is all I can say. You guys totally have to see this guy's work. Like I said, I don't know much about art, but this guy makes oil paintings that look like photos. Check out his website, which I linked here, and look at the one called Reflections of an Artist in the New for 2008 section. It is amazing, that is all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment