Stop Touching Things

"Miss! you can't touch the artwork..."
"He means you, too, G-ma"
"Bahhhh"

Friday, November 6, 2009

How to get out of a Funk - Howktown Style

So, my sister says to me today.

"I'm in a funk, today. Any suggestions? I already googled how to get out of a funk."

Naturally, I had some suggestions, but I thought I would check out what google had to offer..
hmm, exercise, exercise, change your routine, think happy thoughts... yeah, yeah,  yeah.

That seems to be some really vague advice. I like to get more specific.

First. Don't just exercise. Go to your music playing device and find Elvis Presely "A Little Less Conversation",

Then Dance your dag gurn fool ass off. Let it fly. Don't be shy, just flail and flop about. That's the best way.

Second: Drink a lot of water. Why? Well, you're probably just dehydrated and it's hard to worry about the stuff in your life when you're always running to the bathroom. It's proven. In Howktown.

Third: Dark Chocolate. The endorphin inducing, anti oxidant containing, deliciousness is truly a SUPERfood, so eat it, smell it, drink it, sprinkle it on your cornflakes. What ever you have to do.

Fourth: Do a search for Jack Handy Quotes... you'll find gems like these: "If you're robbing a bank and you're pants fall down, I think it's okay to laugh and to let the hostages laugh too, because, come on, life is funny."

I think that about says it all, don't you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment