Stop Touching Things

"Miss! you can't touch the artwork..."
"He means you, too, G-ma"
"Bahhhh"

Monday, November 2, 2009

My Closet Is a Treasure Trove!



You know, I don't know how this happened to me. My closest friends are Halloween fiends. FIENDS I TELL YOU!  I have more than on friend that spends 12 months planning, 6 months collecting, and 1 month preparing and then the appropriately name HELL WEEK decorating and making the final preparations for the big day.
Me. I could care less.
I never trick - or -treated as kid. My father didn't believe in begging, and going door to door asking for something we didn't even need, didn't fall under productive activities for his kids.  I'm kind of clueless when it comes to costumes, and I refuse to pay $80+ for the CHEAP ones at the store.
What does a girl do then, when she has to go to a Halloween Party? I do like parties, after all. I remind myself of that every year, it just a party... with costumes. I wait until the very last minute to come up with a costume. I rely on what seems to be a very boring wardrobe and my creative sensibilities and whip something out fast. It usually involves some silly trendy outfit that I purchased in the past, or some crazy hat that I own, and the one or two wigs, leather pants, evening gowns, fake eyelashes that I wore in my poser punk rock years...
Huh. My costume every year seems to be some internal interpretation of myself. It's made of things that I've owned for a long time or considered part of my everyday wardrobe.  Very interesting.

Well, it seems to be working, so I don't plan to change my methods.  Oh, I wait until the last minute to by Christmas presents, too... but that's another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment