Stop Touching Things

"Miss! you can't touch the artwork..."
"He means you, too, G-ma"
"Bahhhh"

Monday, April 27, 2009

I've had this sleeper crush on John Cusack for about 15 years or so. I say sleeper crush because I always forget until I see one of his movies.

This weekend was one of those perfect sit around and do nothing but watch movies in your basement weekends, and that is exactly what I did. This weekends pick included Say Anything from 1986.

How is it a person of my age and crushage on the J.C. has never seen Say Anything? Remember that part about forgetting? Yeah. Well, I kept thinking I should really see that movie, and then forgetting (one reason Howktown Approves of Netflix).

I was surprised about this movie. I was expecting a 80's teen flick without much substance... and it had that element to it, but there was a lot more to the movie than I expected. It was about making choices and consequences. It also reminded me why I have a crush on John Cucack. Honestly, I don't know how much he is like his charecters he is like, but when you combine all the movies and contrast the similarities and then cross reference his sister Joan (it's all based on Street Smarts and not actual science), you can get a general idea.

::sigh::

I thought I'd better write it down, because I'll probably forget in a couple days until I see the next movie. Maybe I should watch Martian Child again, that one really cemented the crush, and at least reminded me to sucessfully rent Say Anything 2 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment